I'm having technical difficulties - we will get this party started in just a bit. In the meantime, please add your link with the InLinkz tool if you are ready!
December 16, 2014
Short on time and inspiration and need to get some gifts made in a hurry? Here are 10 quick and easy, each one can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less. Click on the links below for a PDF instructions for each project.
1. Memory Wire Cuff Bracelet - My most popular project, use a bead spinner to whip these bracelets out like a pro. Use charms and beads you have in your bead stash to make a fun and eclectic assortment.
2. Woodland Pendant - Perfect project for orphan beads that you may have amassed over the year. Grab whatever charms and art beads you can find to make these fun and simple pendants.
3. Candy Cane Earrings - A little sterling silver wire and art beads can create holiday magic with a few twists of the wire and pliers. A project that takes minutes but delivers a big wow factor!
4. Frosted Leaf Earrings - Gilded leaves and faceted cubes add some sparkle and shine to this wintry pair of earrings.
5. Favorite Things Pendant - Change up the charms and colors to reflect the interests of the recipient and you could make this style of pendant in a variety of themes for a handful of girls on your gift list!
6. Smarty Pants Pendant - Personalize a copper blank with a name, date or word to create a pendant that reflects the wearer. Or use wintry charms with sayings like "Let It Snow", "Merry" or "Noel" for pendants that are in the holiday spirit.
7. Birds & Blooms Knotted Necklace - Knot beads on leather cord to make a trendy gift for your fashion forward friend or teen on your list. The adjustable knot makes this a great gift because it can be worn long or shorter depending on the wearer's mood. This is a video tutorial.
8. Growing Garden Earrings - Whimsical matchstick beads and Czech glass make an adorable pair of earrings in minutes, just add a little wire.
9. Little Village House Pendant - My tiny house beads are irresistible and make the cutest pendants you've ever seen.
10. Peacock Garden Bracelet - Have someone on your gift list that loves bohemian fashions? This trendy bracelet will be a hit with it's feather focal and mix of black metal and golden brass.
So pull out those Humblebeads that you've been hoarding and start checking off the folks on your "nice" list!
Need a bead in a hurry? There is still time to shop from my Etsy shop and get items before Christmas Eve. Order before Friday for delivery by the 24th.
December 13, 2014
Ornamentea + Humblebeads
Ornamentea is a brick and mortar bead shop located in Raleigh, North Carolina run by Cynthia Deis. Ornametea has a super inspiring website with lots of free projects from trendy designers. They offer an eclectic array of mixed media and jewelry making supplies.Cynthia works with several different bead artists to round out her collection, which I love to see!
Humblebeads: Wild Bird Bead Mix
Ornamentea: Chexx Beads, Beveled Bayong Wood Beads, Green Girl Shibuichi Bird, Antique Brass Metal Spacers, Harvest Gold Dupioni Silk
Kitty Bozzini has carved out quite the bead inspiring beauty of a website at Stinky Dog Beads. This is an online only bead shop that offers a beautifully curated collection of beads with photographs that just make you want to shop! Stinky Dog Beads offers lots of unique items that have my nature-lovin' heart going pitter-patter. Must shop the clasps.
Humblebeads: Woodland Bead Mix
Stinky Dog Beads: Central cut Picasso Czech glass beads, Double link chain, antique brass, Mykonos Peace dove, twig connector, Halo Heavens English cut Czech beads
Rebecca Anderson is the curious bead propieter behind The Curious Bead Shop. Rebecca's popular Etsy shop is run from home in Scotland! You may have seen Rebecca's jewelry featured here on my blog, she has a way with Humblebeads. Rebecca's shop offers mainly Czech glass in so many yummy colors and styles but she is also branching out with findings, metal spacers, waxed linen and leather.
Humblebeads: Tribal Pattern Bead Mix
The Curious Bead Shop: Copper faceted cornerless cube, Orange Evening Ember Faceted Rondelles, Royal Blue Faceted Glass Bicones, Violet Opal Petals, Burnished Pink Leaves
December 11, 2014
Do you sell jewelry online? Have you created a Christmas or holiday pin board featuring inspiring images and your your jewelry? You should. Like today!
Here are a few different holiday pin board ideas
- Pin holiday images and your jewelry that fit your brand (like my goregous nature-inspired Humblebeads Christmas board.)
- Pin holiday outfits and your jewelry. You can find outfits on Pinterest or create some on Polyvore. You can name your board Holiday Style or Holiday Outfits.
- Create different types of holiday gift guides and include your jewelry. Like a Stocking Stuffer Gift Guide or a Gift Guide for Nature Lovers or a Gift Guide for Sisters, etc. Include items that compliment your brand that would fit in the gift guide. These are fun to make!
- Create an all handmade gift guide featuring your favorite makers and your jewelry. Or create a holiday gift group gift board with several different types of makers.
- Niche holiday boards - have jewelry that fits a certain niche? Create a board just for it. I did this with my pet holiday ornaments and we created a cute board that mixes the ornaments with adorable holiday pets in the Paw-fect Holiday board (warning: cute overload!).
Once you have your boards created, share them on Facebook, Twitter, and in your emails that go out to your customers. You can also create contests and encourage your social network to pin your images to win a gift certificate or prize.
Keep a good ratio of other pins mixed in with your jewelry and try to capture a feeling or mood in your boards instead of just going to town pinning whatever - be a good curator and give your followers high quality images and content.
Increase Your Views:
You can use #hashtags to help increase your chances of being picked up by Pinterest's search. Make sure they are relavenat and only use 2-3 hashtags. If you include the price on your items they will show up in the Pinterest Gift Category.
Best time of day to pin? 9pm -1am. We all must lay in bed and scroll through Pinterest trying to fall asleep. I thought that was just me!
Images that are vertical get repinned more often. As always, make sure your jewelry photos are top-notch and pin-worthy!
So your assignment - create a holiday pin board with your jewelry. Share the link below and I'll pick a random comment to win a $20 gift certificate to my Etsy shop! Go on, promote your work in clever and fun ways - it's good for you.
December 6, 2014
There has been a flurry of activity in the studio this week. Jess and I have been working away filling orders. I've been busy behind the scenes working on my second book and other deadlines.
Life is crazy busy right now. And while adding one more thing to my to-do list may seem crazy, it is actually the one thing that keeps me sane.
Finding time to explore and create something new gives my spirit wings, brings me joy and instills some sense of peace that only creating can fulfill in me.
Does creating help you relax and dust away the stress of the holidays?
Share with me something you've made recently in the comments, anything at all! I want to see what you've been up to lately.
Peace and joy sweet souls!