If you caught my webinar last week on Visually Branding Your Jewelry Business, I mentioned Polyvore quite a bit. I hope you've had a chance to explore the site.
If not, Polyvore is a fashion collage website. It's a super fun and easy way to share your jewelry matched up with an outfit.
And today I'm going to show you how to use the Polyvore app to use on your mobile device. Do you have to wait for an appointment this week or stuck in the car for a holiday road trip - give the app a try and do a little creative promoting during those spare minutes. Each rectangle below is a screen shot on my Ipod.
First - clipping your jewelry. Your jewelry has to be for sale in your shop or website first.
1. Open the app and and go to create > add items > clip items from web
2. Type in your shop URL.
3. Click on your items and press the clip button in the too right corner.
4. Press the like button on the window that pops up to save your item.
5. Your item is now saved in the "my Items" category on the app and your profile on the Polyvore website too.
6. On the create page on the app, click on the "my items" to find your jewelry and add it to your collage.
1. Go to create
2. Add your jewelry and search for items to create your outfit. You can search by category, brand or website. I started out searching for Modcloth for this example.
3. After you add your items you can arrange your collage. Add text or look up images to spruce up your collage.
I looked up 'Christmas' to find the Noel graphic, which turned out to be a card on Etsy. To add text, click add item and scroll down to Text.
4. When you are ready, click the lines on the upper right corner and click publish.
5. Add your title, description. You can add # hashtags, click on the hashtag on the bottom of the app and scroll through the list to find a few relevant tags. If you used a brand @ or # them.
6. Press publish and start to share!
After your item is published, click on the share button on the lower right. You can share it on social media and even blog your outfit.
You can follow and connect with others on Polyvore. But it's not necessary.
Another way to get this fancy image and product link listing underneath log into your account on the Polyvore website, go to your sets, click the blog button at the top. You can choose your layout, if you want to post directly to your blog or grab the code to embed into your blog post. You can use the blogger button on the app to share, but if you have more than one blog I get a little nervous which one it's going to post too and you can't pick which layout you'd like. But it is fast and easy if those two items aren't an issue for you.