August 17, 2009

Back on the Saddle

Why is it always so hard to get back in the swing of things after traveling? I ended up taking a few days off. It didn't help, I'm in a slump! I need to sit down and work on an action plan for the fall/winter season, get this ship steering in the right direction again. What do you do to get out of the post-travel funk?
One thing of note, my humblebeads.com site is once again open for orders of all sizes, both retail and wholesale.

The winner of the pendant is Angel.Pearls! Congrats, please email me your address. I enjoyed reading about your hobbies and other creative pursuits. Always fun!

5 comments:

Marcia DeCoster said...

ah yes, the post travel slump, wish I had good advice for you, but I don't....sometimes it's just harder then others to get going again, I find this mostly after big shows that were hard to get ready for, and sometimes I think I just need time off, but unfortunately no time in the schedule for that....good luck

Katie said...

Even though I'm not a full-time artist and creator extraordinaire like you, I too get into the post travel funk...For me, getting back to my day job always throws me off - I always come back to deadlnes that I have to make and always get caught up in that push (I don't even want to think about January and getting work done after 10 days in Hawaii...).

I tend to give myself a week to get settled back to real life...Then, I take a look at what I have and work on something that I know will pique my interest...That usually gets me back in the swing of things :o)

Hope you get out of the slump!

Judy said...

It always takes a bit to get back to a routine after a vacation. But oh those vacations are wonderful and well deserved! Welcome back!

Silver Parrot said...

I always say the worst thing about vacation is...going back to to work. It's like you need a vacation to recover from your vacation and get you back into the swing of things. You'll get there...eventually!

TesoriTrovati said...

I just returned late last night from Vegas...and of all the things to bring back from Vegas I brought a cold. Ugh. Now my slump may turn into three or four days of bubble headed laziness. Argh. What is a girl to do!? I am so glad that you are back, I have missed you! Enjoy the day! Erin