July 7, 2010

Inspired by Summer: Plant Markers

Today's inspiration comes from the garden and goes right back into it!  I created these plant markers using the Vintaj altered blanks.  They have these super cute leaf shapes. 

I hammered the plant name with my letter stamps. And used my ball peen hammer to add a little texture, followed by a little once over with a fine sandpaper to bring out the highlights.

I made the hook using thick brass colored wire, I think it was 16 gauge.  I created a hook using a tube a beads for the shape.

 To add in a little 'humbleness' I used one of my disk beads, a Vintaj bead cap, a Czech glass flower. 

I also used the tall tags for this version.  Wouldn't these be cute gifts with a little potted herb, would make a sweet little house warming gift. 

Feel free to use this design to add some beady goodness to your container garden.

Vintaj altered blanks can be found Bello Modo.

11 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

Super cute!! I can't wait for the day that I can create things to decorate that won't be destroyed by the wee beasts!!

Pretty Things said...

Everything in life should be beautiful!

Unknown said...

They are so very wonderful!!

Beverly Herman said...

I love how your garden grows with humblebeads all in a row!

TesoriTrovati said...

Goodness. You are so stinkin' CLEVER! What a great gift idea for a garden lover. (Not me, but there must be someone out there!). Enjoy the day! Erin

Doreen said...

These are just adorable!

Diana P. said...

Heather, these are awesome!

Michelle said...

These are SUPER cute! Love the idea.
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Amy Farrier said...

These markers are really lovely in the midst of all that herby green!

Unknown said...

This adds a beautiful altered look to house plants!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Love the plant markers Heather! The brass leaves are a wonderful touch !