October 12, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday

It's been a while since I've done a Bead Table Wednesday post.  I'm finally starting to get into a regular schedule again and gearing up for the rest of the season.

I have a little stash of beads I keep nearby so I can work on nests when I have a spare moment.  I'm stocking up for holiday shows.  I try to not work once the kids are home, but I do sneak in a little nest time when they are doing homework or off goofing around.  

Eventually the nests will be used as pendants - simple and sweet and just awesome gifts.  I was invited to do an Inspired by Nature Jewelry Trunk Show at the Kingman Museum in Battle Creek next month - so most of these are heading over there.

Along with a few shows I'm hoping to get into, I have a trunk show, book signing and Birds of a Feather Nest Workshop at Bead Quest here in Grand Rapids on November 12th - just a month away.  The class will be lots of fun and a great way to get started on a few of your own holiday gifts!  Everyone will leave with at least two completed nests.

I'm also working on plans for a Humblebeads Holiday Workshop for November and will have details posted soon.

Be sure to stop by the Bead Table Wednesday Flickr Group to see what other bead obsessed folks are up to this week.

If you'd like to stock up on some beads for your projects I am having a sale in my Etsy shop until 10pm tonight.  Use discount code BEADS4FALL for a whopping 25% off!!!  

5 comments:

peacockfairy said...

Looking forward to going to the Kingman Museum! That's awesome!

laurelmoon said...

The Kingman Museum trunk shows sounds like such a terrific idea! I hope you do very well there.

I love your BTW posts. I've been trying to do them regularly, myself, but wow, sometimes life just gets in the way! :)

I'll be in Grand Rapids myself on Saturday for the bead show. Should be fun!

moonlitfantaseas said...

just wondering if there was a bead for bead of the month? I haven't recieved one yet

CraftyHope said...

The nests are so darn cute!! I just love 'em.

Cheeky Chics said...

*LOVE*, *LOVE*, *LOVE* the nest!!!! Since I live far away and unable to make it to one of your shows (FLORIDA) any chance I could purchase on e if these bird nest necklaces??? I host weekend crafting events throughout the state of Florida and the name of my company is "Cheeky Chics" hence the whining and desire to own my very own nest necklace....lol