July 20, 2013

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop


The very clever and creative Lori Anderson, author of Bead Soup Party and blog hop hostess extraordinaire, challenged us to bust our stashes and quit hoarding our beads in her latest blog hop challenge. I have many stashes that are hidden treasures - I looked at them at the beginning of this challenge and chuckled - "No, no sweet ones not yet", I whispered to them with dreams of future book projects dancing in my head. A bead hoarder is not easily reformed!

So I picked some recent additions to my stash from my Bead & Button shopping splurges, trades and a few precious pendants from my very dear friend Erin.

My stash included pewter Green Girl Studios, Tesori Trovati's Simply Truths Pendants and ceramic beads Diane Hawkey.

 

Oh, look at that - a collection! That's how I design now for items I'm selling. I love working in a series, using a basic formula and changing up the beads just a bit. I wanted to use the wire nest theme to tie the designs together. I added in some of my disk beads to compliment the art bead collection.

Read the rest and see more details on my new blog:

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop

8 comments:

baymoondesign said...

Well done as always!

TesoriTrovati said...

Oh how marvelous! I love to see what you did with the pendants I gave you. Just my style too. I didn't join in this hop but that is what I am doing all the time anyway. You have more Green Girl than I do (how did that happen) but I bet that I might rival even your very own Humblebead stash ;-) Enjoy the day, my friend! Erin xo

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

What a beautiful collection of pieces, Heather!

Alice said...

Oh my I can see why you have been hoarding these beauties!!! I love each and every piece you made. Now dosen't that feel good? And soon they'll be shipped off to someone who will squeel with delight.

Niky Sayers said...

Really lovely designs, such a cute collection

adlinah said...

Love your stash! Love the collection! So many beautiful art beads in each piece.

Tammie T Everly said...

I like designing in a series too. These are great pieces and each one really stands on its own. Thanks for sharing

CraftyHope said...

These came together beautifully. I like that they're variations on the same idea, but each so different and unique. As well, you packed in some great designers and cool beads in each one. Awesome!