September 17, 2014

Scholarship Winners

First, thank you to everyone who wrote in and shared your story with me. It's brave to throw your hat in for a scholarship like this and I wish I could give one to everyone who entered.

But I did the best I could and decided to offer three full scholarship for my Polymer Clay Design Bootcamp instead of just one.

All the entries were placed in a bowl and Jess drew out three random winners.  Here they are:

Jennifer Trujillo 

Congratulations!

For those who didn't win, I could feel from your emails that you are ready to start creating more and was hoping this was going to be a push to get you going.  And I think it should be, even if you didn't win. I think those who entered realize they would really love to learn to make beads or improve their skills. Beadmaking is crazy fun, who wouldn't want to do it! 

There is no shortage of tutorials and inspiration online, so head to Pinterest, YouTube or google Polymer Clay Bead Cane Tutorials and grab your clay - make some time for yourself and explore one new cane a week, just like it's a real class. Or find a polymer clay book at your library and go through a few of the projects for your 'class'. Have fun and get creative!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness so say that I am overjoyed for this most amazing opportunity is an understatement.

When I opened my email account to see yours in my in box, I thought it was a 'flyer' notification of your amazing workshop - and just intended to 'drool' longingly at the description of what everyone would be doing.

I am still feeling goosebumps, and I will have trouble sleeping tonight with the excitement. You have no idea what a huge 'lift' this will give me - my truly heartfelt thanks. First thing tomorrow I will be on the internet buying my polymer clay for the course - I am so very very grateful to have the privilege to at last learn how to make beads etc using your fantastic techniques - my first ever lesson! I have a small collection of your beads/pendant discs. The stunning birds heads and some fabulous textured 'beads' that you used. I just love the feel, colours and uniqueness of them - and just marvel at them - too scared to make anything with them as they are so precious to me. I am a beginner and my basic supplies have gathered dust. This will make a huge difference to my confidence and will give me the 'distraction' and 'lift' that I so need. I am looking forward to making new 'friends' from around the world, and getting to be part of an online community.

I have joined FB and just have to get a Pininterest account - and I am raring to go. I am going to spread the word about your course on forums - especially a polymer clay one which I have neglected for a while.

Once again my most sincere thanks - you have no idea what this means to me and difference it will make to my life. God Bless

Mayanbluesoul said...

Thank you so much Heather....I'm so happy I'm getting this chance. ...♥♥♥♥

rosebud101 said...

Heather, thank you so much! You have no idea how much your generosity has made my life better. Thank you!