June 12, 2009

Brass Bezels

Oh, how I love a good color study. I'm sure you've stopped by the Art Bead Scene this month and spotted our monthly challenge painting. This fun little abstract number is by Kandinsky. I woke up this morning with an idea to create these:
Each one is hand painted. I have a degree in fine art painting, so this is right up my alley. I could do a million more of these, but those orders are calling my name and demanding my time.
The backs are Vintaj pendants. Dapped and textured; transformed into bezels. Check out Mary Hettmansperger's latest book for tips and tricks on texturing metal. (Wrap, Stitch, Fold & Rivet) Wish I had picked up a texturing hammer at Bead & Button. You can find these little pendants in my etsy shop.

I'm digging playing with metal and have ordered some new tools. And I am thinking about treating myself to a bronze metal clay class here in town for my birthday in August.
And speaking of Vintaj, check out the cool little scrapblog album on their blog. They included Humblebeads in there!

8 comments:

Rosanne said...

I just saw those in your Etsy shop. Impressive little pendants, I love them.

Bettina Welker said...

Hey Heather,


these colorful circles are lovely.
Could you please add a link to Mary's book you mentioned in your post? I can't find anything about her or her book....

thanks bunches
BEttina

Heather Powers said...

Hi Bettina - I added in the link for you. I had her name spelled wrong!

Lori said...

Oh! This has totally inspired me to use the little copper domed disks I hammered out and didn't use yet. :D

Katie said...

Those are super cute! I couldn't resist the urge to order one for myself :o)

SummersStudio said...

Love these, especially how you dapped out the metal. Perfect for this months ABS challange.

Bettina Welker said...

thank you Heather:)

Rose said...

Heather we love what you are doing with our blanks! Your designs are beautiful. I have just added a post on our blog highlighting your designs. Check it out if you have time:

http://vintaj.com/wpblog/?p=1776

Happy Designing!
Rose

p.s. It was nice to meet you at B&B, glad you like the photos I took of the booth!