May 28, 2010

23 Days of Inspiration: Eggs

I don't remember when I first made the eggs, but I do vividly remember the inspiration.  I think they may have been for Bead & Button last year.

They were inspired by my buddy Dianna Hutts Aston's beautiful book, An Egg Is Quiet.  I have a signed copy of the book in my studio.  The illustrations are by Sylvia Long.  Dianna has some of my jewelry, so I like that some how our creative energies have inspired each other along our journey.  To me an egg is hope, the promise of a possibility and a reminder to let our dreams take flight when they are ready.

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

That book is so lovely. I have an affinity for children's books, particularly the illustrations (;-) and I hoard them obsessively. I might have grandkids one day in about 30 years, right? You know I love your eggs. I would love them in all colors, and sizes.
Enjoy the day!
Erin