November 29, 2012

Challenges & A Pinterest Photo Tip

This Artisan Whimsy group is having a Berries & Leaves challenge and I thought I'd join in the fun.  I see many entries that could do double duty in the Art Bead Scene's November Monthly Challenge which has a leaf/tree theme goin' on.  And to really multitask this was also my earrings on the Earrings Everyday blog - eh, what can I say, I get around. 

The berries are handcrafted polymer clay beads with little flecks of silver leaf.  The leaves are pewter components from Green Girl Studio.


 
I wanted to share a super simple way to make your images more pinnable and feature them in the gift area of Pinterset.  It's quite simple, flip your images or better yet, angle the jewelry when your photography them, so they pointing in the right-hand side of the images rather than the left.  

If something is pinned from Etsy or your website with a price, Pinterest includes a little banner on the top left side with the price.  This automatically enters it into the Pinterest gift pool by price.  Handy - and who knows who might find you in the gift area.  

If I had kept my image like it was in the bottom photo, the price tab would have interfered.  Just something to think about.  I used PicMonkey to flip my image and lighten them.  And here is another example below.

The top photo is more pin-friendly!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tip on the pin photo. I have not thought of that before....but at least I do add my price on the rare occasions I pin something of mine...lol

Kathy ~ Artful Accents said...

Great advice... I'm pinning this pinning tip! :-)

TesoriTrovati said...

Holy carp! What a great idea! I never thought about that. But I do love that feature on Pinterest. And now I must go check out the gift guide. Didn't know there was such a thing! Enjoy the day. Erin

Anonymous said...

These pieces are super cute.

Whole Soul Jewelry said...

I love these! So adorable! Thank you for sharing your designs and pinterest tips too!