February 20, 2014

Throw Back Thursday Bead Edition


Throw Back Thursday is seen often on Facebook & Instagram showing awesome pics of peeps back in the day.  I thought I'd do a little bead edition and share one of my first printed projects with you.  It must be a classic because I'm looking at it thinking I need to make some of these again!

The cuff bracelet was first published in BeadStyle magazine in 2007.  It went on to be republished in another beginner beading magazine by Kalmback and in their Easy Beading Book series.  It also made an appearance on PBS' Beads, Baubles and Jewelry.  It really was the project that started my beadmaking career. 

And thanks to internet archives you can download the project for free courtesy of Beads, Baubles & Jewels.


A few tips: it works better with size 8 seed beads and with larger size memory wire so it's not so tight on your wrist.  

I don't offer the leafy cuff beads shown in the project anymore. I made them for about 5 years before I decided I never wanted to see another one! I have them in my popular branch style in several colors and in my Starry Night design.  Maybe I will revisit this design in some limited edition styles this week. 



3 comments:

sandi m said...

I've always loved this bracelet!

sandi m said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen Judd said...

I love that bracelet! What a great idea to go back in time...makes me want to go dig through my stash and see all those beads I have from years and years ago just waiting to break free of their little plastic baggies and become something bigger!