I love the way these tiny glass lentils and flowers dance under this trio of colorful birds. Free feel to make your own version of this fun pendant.
3 polymer clay birds
5 8mm Czech glass lentil beads
3 Czech glass flower beads
4mm fire polished glass bead
2 8mm copper spacers
1 5mm copper spacer
2 15mm Arte Metal jump rings
5 7mm gunmetal jump rings
2 4mm gunmetal jump rings
26" gunmetal cable chain
3 1" brass headpins
8" 22 gauge steel wire.
1. Attach a 7mm jump ring to the lentil bead, repeat 4 times. Set aside.
2. Add a flower bead to a headpin, create a simple loop. Repeat 2 more times.
3. At 2" from the bottom of the wire, create a large loop with round nose pliers. Open the loop the chain nose pliers and add the 3 flower dangles. Close the loop and and wrap the remaining tail of the wire above the loop to create a wrapped loop.
3. String on a bird, 8mm spacer, bird, 8mm spacer, bird, 4mm spacer, fire polished beads.
4. Create a wrapped loop on above the last bead.
5. Open a 15mm jump ring, string on the 5 lentil dangles and the bottom of the bird pendant, close the jump ring.
6. Attach the 4mm jump rings to each end of the chain.
7. Open a 15mm jump ring, string on the top of the bird pendant and two jump rings on the end of the chain. Close jump ring.
Resources: Birds: www.humblebeads.etsy.com. Glass beads: www.fusionbeads.com. Spacers: www.rings-things.com. Headpins, chain and jump rings: www.hobbylobby.com. Steel wire: www.acehardware.com.