June 1, 2008

The Perfect Weekend

It started Saturday morning with our first trip to a farmer's market here in San Antonio. It was small, only about 10 farmers. But very nice and peaceful. They had their little stands under a groove of trees. We bought potatoes, green beans, blackberries, eggplant, the sweetest peaches ever and I picked up a few herb plants. Sweet basil, rosemary and spearmint, they are so fresh looking on my little porch.

After the market we went to Hobby Lobby. I picked up some more chain, wood beads and various sundries.

I spent the afternoon getting orders out the door. It's the best feeling in the world to be caught up. You etsy customers have kept me on my toes. I sold 23 items in one day last week.

I spent the evening playing with my beads and came up with a few new designs. Playing is a luxury these days, it was quite enjoyable.

Today was a family day. Time with my girls and the Jess-ter. Nephew's birthday party, lots of little ones running around.
And the perfect end to the weekend? Holding my brand new niece, who is a month old today. She is just a little whisp at 7 lbs. I ask you, is there anything more perfect than a precious little newborn?
Beads featured are from my Etsy shop.

No comments: