November 17, 2010

Birds of a Feather

I'm doing a holiday market in a few weeks and a big part of my inventory are nest, egg and bird related items.  I have been making multiples of the same design - like the nests above with some eggs in a smaller size. They are so much fun to create, I feel like mother nature over here weaving together such lovelies. 

Nests symbolize the home, security, safety.  I like nesting, doing those little things to make a house a home.  I'm very thankful for my nest!  This bracelet features a Green Girl Studio nest, pewter branches, a branch disk bead and labradorite.

Eggs whisper to us of renewal, birth and hope.  An egg is a promise of good things to come - and who doesn't want a reminder of that!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" - Matthew 6:26

I think that verse is why I like these symbols most of all - they are a gentle reminder to me that my needs are always met, I can let go of my worries and trust in things bigger than myself.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Beautiful piece Heather! I love anything with a bird theme. The pewter branch components look great with your beads!

Lorelei Eurto said...

These are all lovely Heather! I just ordered a few of of those pewter branch connectors. are they easy to curve like you did?

TesoriTrovati said...

What a great use for the branch connectors. I will have to try that out. I did do it with the other leafy connectors to bend them so I am sure that it will be easy! I do love that you have a theme going for your show. I am seeing all of these among your nests and white plates... wish I could be there to help you! It will be a big success! I know it will be great! Enjoy the day!
Erin

My Life Under the Bus said...

So pretty I love the colors in that last one. I am a total nest/bird/egg-a-holic!

Emerald Window said...

Your work is divine! LOVE the birds and the frosted branches and the squirrels.
Cenya