February 20, 2012

Branching Out

I've been slowly amassing a bead horde to start offering some of my favorite components and beads to compliment my line.  I wanted to offer more beads on the Bead Cruise and at my upcoming retreat. After the cruise I will start to fill my Etsy shop with all these beautiful pieces. I first stocked up on Vintaj - because come on - we are like peanut butter and jelly, mac and cheese, peas and carrots.  You get the idea - we are made for each other. 

Love my new Wild Bird Pendant with these leafy pieces and brass branch.

I've been handcoloring some pieces in a teal patina.

Along with the Vintaj I'm offering Czech glass leaves and flowers, steel wire and peanut seed beads.  On the cruise I will also have Mary Harding Pendants and Green Girl Studios pieces.

I have also been gathering together some yummy ribbons in some of my favorite colors, like teal, navy, olive, purple and fuchsia, seen in the top left.

One thing I decided to focus on for my bead 'shop' was to offering packaging that was branded with a woodland theme.  I want everything I sell to be a treat for the senses and even something like jump rings can feel inspiring when packaged with a little panache. 

This is all a seed, one day those seeds will blossom into something bigger - like maybe a bead gallery in a real store or shows across the country.  We'll see what sprouts up as we start this new part of our business.  

7 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

If we could bottle you and your marketing skills "oh my" how our business would thrive. It's these special touches that will make shopping so much on the ship.

indigo heart said...

i love everything! such a lovely idea and such sweet packaging. i wish you joy in this new endeavor.

Kathleen Lange Klik said...

Your packaging is beautiful, it is the perfect finishing touch. It adds that little something extra to the product.

Marie Cramp said...

That is really awesome! I wish I could join you on the bead cruise. I bet it would be a blast! <3

Lupe Meter said...

Love your packaging ideas, Heather! You never cease to amaze me!! Beautiful stuff!!

Rose said...

Oooh... a bead gallery. Sounds so lovely!

Your packaging is just gorgeous!

TesoriTrovati said...

Yes to a bead gallery! But make sure that you build in an online shopping component for those of us who love you and live far away! Your packaging is just gorgeous and so consistent with what I think of when I think of you and Humblebeads. I am so proud of you for taking steps to make this a reality. Who knows? Maybe one day you will be carrying 'simple truths' in that bead gallery of yours! ;-)
Enjoy the day!
Erin