August 2, 2012
Bead Bundles, Production and Designing for Wholesale
Etsy shop. I just put up 10 Bead Bundles that are listed at almost wholesale prices. It's a great way to pick up some sweet Humblebeads. This is a special sale and once they are gone, that's it.
I also have some new leafy beads in the shop - fall is sneaking up on us, poking it head around the corner even here at the beginning of August.
1. Can I easily reproduce this?
2. Are the materials affordable? (If I work with net 30 terms am I going to have to invest a fortune to fill an order? I certainly don't want to!)
3. Is this design keeping in my price point that I want to offer to wholesale customers?
4. Can I make it quickly and can I train others to make it too?
5. Is this design cohesive with the entire collection?
6. Is this is a seasonal design, should it wait to be released until later in the year?
Now, I'm moving in a completely different direction than even what I offer at say a local art market. I'm thinking much more in terms of how I can produce these in quantities and offer them to a larger market. It's a bigger kind of thinking than I've done before and a slower process.
Would you like to see some jewelry collection samples? Check out the wholesale shops at Trunkt for inspiration and quite an education!