May 21, 2009

Earth Angel


A few weeks ago I was playing with the brown lava beads that Rings & Things sent to their blog partners. I had picked up a strand at their show a few weeks before and was happy to have more. I have a free project on the Art Bead Scene featuring lava beads, you might want to check it out.

For this design I had a two-hole focal bead with an orchid. I thought the lava would pair nicely with unexpected texture and light color palette of muscovite and pinky/peach pearls.

The wing is Zoa Art, isn't it just amazing! Okay back to my marathon beadmaking.

9 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

I like the texture of the lava beads with the combination of peach/peach pearls. The orchid is the perfect art bead to compliment the wing by Zoa art. Beautiful design!!

Dave Robertson said...

There's nothing like lava! Since lava beads are such a unique texture, they really set off the other elements in your design. Nice result!

--Dave

TesoriTrovati said...

I love those lava beads in that yummy chocolate brown color. Such a pretty palette...

Enjoy the day!
ERin

Rosanne said...

Lava is very cool. I am still looking at mine with all kinds of possibilities running through my mind. Hmmm...orchid beads? Are those something I've missed, or are you keeping them to yourself?

Stories They Tell said...

I just love this! The textures, the colors and the interesting use of the focal bead-- all really work!

Anonymous said...

Eveything blends so well together, good work, it's lovely!

AnnesGlassJewels said...

Great colors en fantastic design! Love it!

Unknown said...

This is a really nice design! :)

Heather Powers said...

thanks everyone! you guys are too sweet.

Rosanne, the orchid beads are ones i've been keeping to myself for now. :)