July 26, 2009

I miss green

The morning after I returned to Texas I opened my front door and quickly noticed that Jess had not been watering the lawn. The grass had died, nary a weed was growing. Perturb, I looked around the neighborhood ready to see how bad our lawn compared. Everything is brown, all the lawns are crispy and golden. I miss green!
Above is one part of my sister's beautiful garden, it's a zen garden with rocks and a calming fountain. I need two truck loads of rocks and about 4 strong men to shovel them into my yard. Maybe that will be my project for September. A rock garden instead of a dying lawn.


You'll be seeing lots of green and water inspired beads soon. If I can't have them, I will create them! Above are two pendants filled with my branch canes. I have plans for a whole series of branch beads set in bezels. So many things to create, so little time!

7 comments:

mairedodd said...

you can feel the coolness of the green in your sister's garden... loving these bezel set creations! hoping to incorporate some of those links in my work... really really pretty...

Bead-Mused said...

Heather, I read your post to T-man and when I got to your proposed project of a rock garden, he nodded his head and issued a "hmmm". You may have a point. Welcome home, brown as it is. Love the pics from Michigan and the new beads.

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous garden and beautiful pendants too!

SummersStudio said...

The hardest thing for me moving to TX four years ago is brown summer. Good on you for creating your own verdant green! Oh, and I want your sister's garden. It's so lush.

Erin Siegel said...

Oh, Wow! Absolutely stunning shots of that garden! Can I live there? Can I please live there in that garden?! Oh, Heaven! *sighs*

Jeannie said...

Did you know that green is the first color our eyes see and other colors like red and blue are seen from either side of the retina. Maybe that's why green is so calming.
I can see you creating a whole garden medley of bezels. These are wonderful.

Kiwiken said...

I love those branch bezels, especially in teal, they remind me of some twigs and a sea lily swimming on a quiet, cool little pond.