February 14, 2010

My Valentine

We met in a drawing class.  Our first conversation was about the price of Folio paper. ($4.25 a sheet)  I thought he was amazing.  He drew pictures in my sketchbook while he talked about his life in Texas.  Our first date was dinner at my house, I served a mean bowl of noodles with tomatoes and parmesan cheese.  This was 17 years ago on February  11th.  We married a few months later on August 7th, yes fools do rush in.  I was 19.

He is the best dad to our two beautiful daughters, makes me laugh everyday and wraps his feet around my cold icy toes each night when I crawl into bed. 

I could not run this business without his support.  He never complains when I travel around the country.  Okay, he pouts when I go on the Bead Cruise, he knows he is missing out on all the fun.

He loves to read, watch SCI-FI movies, he is an amazing artist, he works so hard everyday and I happen to love him to pieces. 

I know, I count my lucky stars and thank God everyday for him. 

A house that Jess made for me.

On of my favorite necklaces that he made.

His studio and yes he does have an etsy shop.

12 comments:

Jen Judd said...

Love is the best inspiration...you are so blessed!!! :)

SummersStudio said...

So beautiful to be so in love.

Doreen said...

Sounds like you've found yourself a wonderful Valentine! Hooray for Jess!!

Judy said...

Such a beautiful post...Happy Valentines to you and your love.

mairedodd said...

i am crying - how very wonderful.... happy valentine's day, heather!

TesoriTrovati said...

that is so beautiful.
what a loved and blessed man he is to have you for a wife and two beautiful daughters.
ain't love grand?
enjoy the day!
erin

AJ at OFLBlog said...

A very sweet, sincere post....Happy Valentine's to you both! ox AJ

treasurefield said...

That is so romantic! Sounds like a match made in Heaven.
^_^
I rushed in at age 19, too. Still together after all these years. Just goes to show that true love lasts. Here's to many more years...!
~Alisa R.

Heather Powers said...

Thanks everyone!

Michelle said...

What a fabulous and real life love story! Thanks for the post!
Bead Happy!
Michelle

Pretty Things said...

That is such a lovely story!

Dale said...

wow... a husband who also makes jewelry, with an etsy shop! That's amazing. Have you two ever tried collaborating and making a piece together?