February 8, 2010

Other Fish in the Sea

Here is another Rings & Things Blog Partner project.  They sent a strand of coral to work into a design.  Being the beachy bead girl that I am, these really appealed to me. 

I paired them up with a pendant from Off Center Productions, a brass fish pendant from Vintaj, the nautical looking beadcap came from TierraCast via Bello Modo.  The amazonite rondelles are ones that I picked up at Rings & Things trunk show last year.  (Counting down the days for the next one!) All four of these companies were Bead Cruise sponsors this year!


The urchin connector is from my Etsy shop.  I used two 15mm jump rings from Vintaj - I love working with those big rings!

If you read my Studio Saturday post you know I'm all about working my designs with a little more thought and care. Here I focused on textures, mixing rugged coral and brass elements with smooth ceramic and copper. Color, I went with a basic compliment of copper and teal, with white for the contrast.



Czech glass flowers, handmade copper jumprings and curved copper tubes round out this design.

Even the clasp works into the motif of the necklace with a fish hook design. 

7 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Dang. You are ROCKIN'!
And that and those posts around about the cruise are making me kick myself. Crossing my fingers that I can come next year... and B&B YIPPEE! Let's get a-plannin'!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Rosanne said...

Oh, that's a marvelous necklace. You are just the best! I am still blogging about the cruise, today is about the sponsors too. I love my goodie bag.

Jean Hutter said...

Just a beautiful necklace and great theme - enjoyed your design post - lots to think about.

Unknown said...

I'm so love this design!

Judy said...

Heather, this piece is just fantastic! The fish has a great Victorian look to it. I love the combination of elements.

Beverly Herman said...

I want to sit next to you and bead! I love this necklace! You know how to bring out the best in color and style.

Sharon said...

This is absolutley stunning, love it!