December 13, 2013

Holiday Prep: Cookies, Pomergrantes and Crocheted Snowflakes

A few snap shots from Instagram.
Cookies made and ate - check.
Perfect tree found and imperfectly decorated - check
Enjoying the start of winter and the beauty of nature - check
Sampling the tastes of the season - check
More decorating and gifts to make this weekend - check and check

Those cookies on the bottom right are so yummy and not too bad for you! Prepare a Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cookie mix with a 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin instead of butter.  Add a little bit of frosting on top and a dried cranberry.  They were scarfed up in moments at my party last weekend!

Let's talk pomergrantes - they were a new to me food last weekend.  So with a little help from my Facebook friends and Pinterest I gave it a try.  Yum, you need to go pick one up today.

Here is an easy way to get the seeds from a pomagrante.

Three tasty pomegranate recipes to try:
Roasted Delicata Squash Salad with Pomegranate (I might skip the greens and eat this as a side dish)
Chocolate Pomegranate-Ginger Bark
Pink Swirl Meringues with Pomegranate Sauce

You are digging the crocheted snowflakes, right?  Me too! My mom showed me how to make them a few weeks ago.  I barely know how to crochet, so I can't offer much advice other than find someone to teach you! Looking for snowflake patterns - here you go. I'm going to make my collection into a garland to hang in our dining room windows.

This weekend I'm looking forward to decorating the rest of my home for the holidays.  Making jam and crocheting with my mom for the weekend.  We are going to watch Christmas movies, drink coffee and tea and find a little peace and joy from now until Monday. 

What's on your plate for the weekend?  Whatever it is, take time for you and just being with the ones you love. 

1 comment:

Patti said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Looking forward to seeing your crocheted snowflake garland.