December 12, 2013

Ornament Blog Hop

Welcome today!  I'm hosting an Ornament Blog Hop on the Art Bead Scene and wishing you peace and joy during this holiday season. 
 
We love making ornaments in my house.  In fact, we make it a party every year!  My tree is decorated with treasures we've made through the years and I love giving ornaments as gifts.  I've been making ornaments every year since high school, although most of the early ones have disappeared.   When Jess and I first got married we would pick a theme for our tree every year and make crazy artsy ornaments together.  We still make ornaments although our tree has morphed into a hodge podge of anything woodland. 


Which brings me to my ornaments for the hop, these woodland inspired birds. At a local craft show this year I happened upon a talented Michigan ceramic artist who had these beautiful bird ornaments.  As soon as I saw them I know they would make amazing gifts this year with just a little extra work put into them.


I paired these up with lampwork and polymer disk beads.  Wire and seed beads were fashioned into a clever hoop for hanging on the tree. The lampwork is from Sue Beads and the polymer clay are Humblebeads, of course!

This is a great way to use up orphaned beads, embellish simple ornaments to create a treasured new piece to add to your collection!

I'd like to invite you to visit the other particpating creative artists who have made ornaments today.  Fix yourself a cup of cocoa, turn on some holiday music and enjoy:

Click here to see more ornaments!

14 comments:

Lori Bowring Michaud said...

Beautiful and clever as always Heather! Love the colors and painterly touch of the birds. Thank you so much for hosting such a fun hop again this year!

kerensky said...

Love those - so different, really like how you have put all the components together, very pretty.

SueBeads said...

Love your ornaments! Thanks for using my beads, I'm honored they are on your fabulous tree! Thanks for hosting again, Heather, it's fun!

SusanDolphinDelaney said...

Wow, so many gorgeous ornaments. You outdid yourself. Wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Those ceramics are super cute - thank you for sharing another great artist with us! The ornaments you made with them are brilliant too, and I bet they look great on the tree! Happy Christmas!

baymoondesign said...

Ceramics are very cute and I love the idea of using orphan beads.

Kylie Parry Studios said...

Fabulous!

la mar de bonita said...

Heather, I admire your clay beads for a long time now. You're making such great pieces. Beautiful birdies, love the way you combined them with lampwork & seed beads!

Charis Designs said...

These are so pretty- there's nothing better than handmade ornaments, and yours are lovely. Christie

Unknown said...

Love your rustic, woodsy beads.

Lilik Kristiani said...

Love your birds...or birdies? =)
The spirit of joy captured succeesfully on your handmade ornaments.

glassbead, isinglass design said...

Very pretty! The beads and birds look so nice together!

Niky Sayers said...

Really beautiful i love the musical one and they all go so beautifully with your beads! Thank you for hosting such a fab hop, I have throughly enjoyed it and even found some new to me artists! Have a fantastic christmas x

Anonymous said...

I love your seed bead twist (and the colours too).