December 16, 2013

Crocheted Ribbon Gift Packaging

I've been a crocheting fool lately, making scarves and cowls for Christmas gifts.  Being a jewelry designer and a family of mostly girls and women, I give quite a few pieces of jewelry during the holidays too.  For my smaller gifts I've been crocheting 'ribbons' to embellish printed craft paper.  (The craft paper is a dollar store find!) 

 This is a simple single chain crochet using a sparkly silver cotton thread and a small hook.  (size b)

 The larger present I used a larger hook (size f)


The tags are stamped with a few of my favorite themes and a holiday messages.  A little sprig from our evergreen tree adds a festive touch.  (Wait the day of the gift-giving to add the greens.) 

My assistant Antoinette and I have been putting together the mother of all Holiday Pinterest Boards.  It's amazing and you should go check it out right now!!!  I will be posting round ups of my favorite holiday ideas all week. 

Gift Tags from the Graphics Fairy 
These are a beautiful alternative to stamped tags and ones I plan on using too.

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Adorable! I love gift wrapping most of all! My packages for all my holiday orders have been very unique and fun. I have new Moo cards with thank yous and scratch off and some postcards as well. I love to add little touches so that the outside builds the anticipation and this year I found little chipboard trees and snowflakes. I am using very brightly colored ribbons to be festive without being too traditional. These are sweet! Everyone on your list is lucky! Enjoy the day. Erin

Ann Schroeder said...

This packaging is beautiful. I love that even your packaging is handmade!

baymoondesign said...

Gorgeous packaging!

Packaging Specialties said...

Ribbon gift packaging is adding good attraction to the products. It is giving more pleasure to customers.

Packaging Specialties