December 3, 2013

Woodland Friends Pendants

I was doodling the other day and these two fellows showed up.  If you don't know much about me, you might be surprised to know that one of my life's ambitions is to illustrate children's books.  It's a difficult career to break into and all my hustling goes towards beads and jewelry right now.  One day I'll have the freedom to follow that path, but for now those dreams turn up in my beads. I may end up painting Christmas cards and gift tags to match if I can get caught up on a few pressing projects. 'Tis the season for sneaking in extra creative sessions instead of going to bed early, right?

These will make fun and whimsical pendants but darn if they aren't just the sweetest ornaments in the world too.
 Here is the sketch.

I love making beads, but if I could spend a few days a week painting and creating stories with charmers like these guys I would be quite thrilled. 



I love the holidays and tapping into the joy of childhood, the mystery of the season and whimsical spirit that abounds during this time of year. 

You can find these cutie pies in my Etsy shop.

The start of December has included hot chocolate treats, walks in snowy woods finding tiny hoof prints and hunting for the perfect Christmas tree.  I'm impatiently waiting the next snow fall, more time to decorate, baking cookies and lots of gift making between now and the big day.

How is the beginning of December looking for you?  Take time to enjoy those tiny moments that connect you to feeling joy and peace!

4 comments:

Gaea said...

SOOOOO CUTE! I just love these! :)

baymoondesign said...

Sweet creatures!

Alice said...

So sweet! My daughter would love them. You have such talent to turn a drawing into an ornament.

TesoriTrovati said...

I am working on decking my halls! I have to put the Let It Snow lighted canvas I made last year up, and have settled on an assortment of mercury glass candle holders with my collection of bleached bottle brush trees. I just adore your sketches! These were too cute not to get (placed my order immediately upon seeing them!). I will have to whip up the ornaments for the kids stockings with these! Let's write that book! My dad used to work in children's book publishing and he was always on me to write one. He loved my stories about my son when he was younger. I think we would make a great creative team! ;-) Enjoy the day, Miss Heather! Erin