October 11, 2012

Autumn Stroll - Scarf Inspiration

I love scarves and wear them year round.  Actually they travel from one neck to the next in my family, as my teenage girls are quite the scarf fans too.  I created this treasury to showcase a few of my favorites along with my scarf pins.

Deep Crimson Red Knitted Lac...
$120.00
Colorful Birds in Tree Branc...
$85.00
Knitted Scarf Reversible, Ha...
$40.00
Bird Scarf Pin
$20.00
Autumn Aspen Trees Miles of ...
$125.00
Yellow scarf, Winter knitted...
$69.00
Bokeh Photograph fine art. s...
$24.00
Luxurious Lily of the Valley...
$165.00
Lacy Knit Scarf with beads i...
$40.00
Grey lace scarf, knitted alp...
$40.00
Hand Knit Candy Apple Red Sc...
$35.00
left behind - 5x7 branches m...
$9.00
Chunky Knit Scarf in Cinnamo...
$43.00
Owl Scarf Pin - Brass
$20.00
Knitted lace scarf in fawn b...
$40.00
LAST ONE SALE Wool lace knit...
$36.00


I've even been known to knit a scarf or two in my day, although they were nothing as wonderful as these creations.  And then I found my scarves getting shorter and shorter until they became more like collars - I knew then it was time to put down the knitting needles.  I may try to knit one again this year.  It might be a nice way to relax in the evening.  Anyone seen a pattern that they would like to share?  

This one from Kiwi and Company looks like one I could tackle.  The pattern is clearly labeled easy, so that offers some hope!  And it seems like it's in line with my short attention span and need for immediate gratification.



Have you seen the 40 Ways to Wear a Scarf from Scarf.net?  No shortage on inspiration on ways to wear a scarf!  So bundle up this week and throw on a scarf!


Link Party:
The 36th Avenue

2 comments:

Coffeefreek53 said...

Hi Heather! I too am a scarf gal. You should check out Ravelry, tons of free patterns and suggestions for yarn too. I was in Salt Lake City a couple weeks ago and saw the cutest scarf, pink knit material with pom pom fringe sewn all the way around in fun colors. Since I sew, I was thinking, "I can make that!" It was only $17, I shoulda just picked it up!!
BTW, I love your beads.

Heather Powers said...

I forgot about Ravelry - I should check that out. I would love to get some really thick fluffy yarn and whip up something warm and chunky.

That scarf sounds like fun - isn't that the way it always goes?