October 23, 2010

For Andrew

Like so many in the beading community it has been my great fortune to meet Andrew Thornton. His generous, creative spirit has been a bright spot to so many both online and off that I want to help with the current auction efforts on his behalf. Andrew is recovering from surgery and has a mountain of medical bills.

I'm auctioning off my Seek Wisdom Necklace and Earring set that was featured in the October 2009 issue of Bead Trends magazine in the Featured Designer section. 

The necklace is graced by an amazing ceramic pendant from UK artist, Lisa Stevens of Sea Urchin.  I paired it with an Elaine Ray ceramic lentil bead, a Winter Branches lentil bead and Blue Branches disk created by me and a Seek Wisdom connector from Green Girl Studios.  The art beads are complimented by a collection of ceramic beads, sterling silver spacers, a crystal rondell and blue kyanite daggers and beads.  The pewter clasp has a dogwood floral design.

A close up of the art beads.

Why I choose this piece - after looking through my BIG box of jewelry this one kept coming back to me.  When I created it I was thinking that I wanted an icy winter feel to the necklace to remind the wearer to seek wisdom in the "winters" of our life.  Those bleak times when things appear to be dark, cold and without hope.  Those are the times we need wisdom to remember that there is always hope when it comes to the spirit's ability to triumph over adversity.  I love that the Seek Wisdom pendant was created by Andrew's sister and I think that gives the design even more meaning for this auction.

The matching earrings with charms from Chinook Jewelry and Branch Disk beads from me. Sterling silver wire, accents and earwires.

*The opening bid reserve is $50. 

*Bid by leaving a comment in the comments section below with your bidding amount.

*The winner can pay by Paypal or credit card. 

*The auction will end on Friday November 5th. 

You can visit Andrew's blog to see other auctions happening on his behalf.

8 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

I bid $60. Let's get this party started.

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Beatnheart said...

How thoughtful and generous of you to help out a friend during his time of need. Isn’t it sad that the creative spirits in our country are so lacking when it comes to basic health coverage. They dedicate their lives to creativity and beauty with not alot of financial reward....

Nadia Her said...

OUAAAAHHHHHH!!!!de magnifiques créations!

Katie said...

$70 to keep the party going...Love the necklace...

Rosanne said...

I've got a hundred dollar bill that I would like to use to bid...

Davinia said...

Do I hear $105.00 why yes...yes I do.

Heather Powers said...

You guys are awesome! Let's keep it going!!!

Rosanne said...

Oh looky I found a $20 dollar bill.
Bidding $125.00 thank you very much.