Quoth the Raven "Nevermore."
I'm not one for spooky stuff but a little chill down the spine this time of year is always fun.
I whipped up this Raven necklace to celebrate the season. Nothing scary here, I promise!
32" silk cord
1 brass filigree ring
1 brass branch
3 brass 15mm jump rings
1 brass leaf blank
1 brass leaf charm
1 arte metal key
1 brass flower beadcap
5 etched jump rings
3 gunmetal ball headpins
1 8mm pyrite bead
2 6mm labradorite faceted rondelles
20" brass colored wire 24 gauge
1. Cut the wire into two 10" lengths, set one aside. 3" from the top of the wire create a wrapped loop and continue wrapping the wire around the loop to create the desired texture.
2. String the raven onto the wire. Wrap the wire around the branch a few times and create a double loop at the bottom, wire-wrap the bottom loop. Continue wrapping the wire around the wrapped loop, the branch and under the raven with the rest of the length of wire. Use the other 10" of wire to wrap the section again, alternating around the branch, under the bird the wrapped looped at the bottom.
3. On a large jump ring string the two brass leaves and the key. Create a dangle with a headpin and labradorite bead, end with a wrapped loop. Add the dangle to the large jump ring. Attach the jump ring to the loop at the bottom of the pendant.
4. Attach the brass filigree ring to the bird pendant with a large jump ring. Add another large jump ring to the top of the filigree ring. Create two wrapped loop dangles on the headpins, one a labradorite bead and the other with the pyrite bead and beadcap.
5. String the cord through the top jump ring and tie a knot. On the cord string 5 etched jump rings to hide the knot . Use a drop of beaders' glue on the last jump ring to secure it to the cord.
Resources: Raven, Humblebeads. Vintaj brass findings, Bello Modo. Stones, Rings & Things. Silk Cord: Angela Brittain. (Angela's store is now open - she is adding more trios tonight, so be sure to stop by her shop.)
And more treats: Free shipping in my Etsy shop and free disk beads with purchase - visit my Etsy shop for details. They are almost as tasty as a reese's peanut butter cup, okay not really, but they have less calories! Halloween special good until October 31st.