September 8, 2009

Beadwork Interview

Hello dear readers!

So, officially the new Beadwork is now on the newsstands. Within the pages you'll run across an interview with someone who seems awfully familiar. Oh yeah, that would be me. Marlene Blessing interviewed me early this summer and I'm thrilled to see it in print.

It is strange though to see the history of how Humblebeads came to be, spelled out in such a succinct chronicle of events. It doesn't seem like it happened so easily. There is so much of progression that isn't a highlight. The day to day muddle of not quite knowing which path to take. Working and adjusting plans as we went along. Unexpected doors that opened and some that closed. Some days I feel tossed by the wind, others I am the captain at the helm commanding the sea. I guess that is just life. Sometimes you end up in a great place and you can't really say for sure how you got so lucky!

This little guy is the star of the article.

5 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Congratulations Heather! I am so proud of you and wish you continued success.

Isn't it amazing what happiness that creeps in a door you didn't know you left open? I think that there is so much for the rest of us to learn about being a working artist from you. I know that I am inspired by your story and your artwork every day.

I will go out and find a copy of that magazine, tout suite!

And that hedgie reminds me that my little guy is lurking someplace in my bee-ridden stuio. I need to unearth that little treasure and put him in a place of honor to watch over me when I create...like having a little piece of you!

Enjoy the day!
Erin

susanc said...

Congratulations Heather! I will have to pick up a copy. I love the hedgie - he is adorable.

I wish you continued success.

Mari said...

Congratulations!! Is nice to know more about you. By the way, the beads shown on the right corner are spectacular. Are they for sale on Etsy?

Mari said...

Ok i found them on Etsy!!! and bought them!

Mellisa said...

Congratulations on the feature, goodness knows that you deserve it! I'll be sure to make a little bookstore trip this weekend to see the article :)