August 19, 2010

The long road home

I left for LA on July 28th and have been gone since then. First up was a week of illustrating and writing inspiration. How charmed is my life? Then I was home for one day, long enough to pack for two weeks in Michigan.

If my soul has a home, it's somewhere near a lake. I'm never more happy than when my feet are in the sand and I can hear the sound of the waves hitting the shore. The sunset - do I spend enough time enjoying the end of each day? Something I hope to fix soon. It's like the most amazing show happens every night and I miss it most of the time! We live near a lake too, I should make a mental note to enjoy more sunset walks.

Okay, so I even like the weeds better in Michigan. Everything is so green and lush. Texas is a wild, twisted and gnarly landscape. Funny how much I miss the trees from my home. But I'm happy here too. I missed my husband, my home and my studio. I'm looking forward to jumping back into things and working on some new ideas. I'm also heading toward the home stretch of working on the book. It's due in December. I hope you all love it, it's packed with inspiration and goodies.

I have 3 weeks worth of ideas in my sketchbook, a renewed spirit and now some free time as I have made some adjustments to my schedule.

What you might notice? My Etsy shop is going to stay closed for a few more weeks. I will be focusing more on my website, adding new work on a regular basis and making sure my website is the best place to find my beads. Etsy and I will still be best buds, but with more limited editions and jewelry. While my website will be filled with my best-selling beads, so be sure to stop by and see what's new!

4 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

That sunset is gorgeous and so are you! That lake front seems divine. I used to live on water when I was younger, nothing that grand, but there is something special being around it.
Glad to have you back home. Glad that your birthday was wonder-filled. CAN'T WAIT to see what is in store for this book. SO excited for you!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Erin Siegel said...

Hi Heather! Glad to see you had some nice time off. It's a vital part that's needed, I'm a believer in that. I'm so looking forward to your book! Can't wait to add yours to my collection.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!

Wonderful that you could go out and play. Woodlawn Lake will be waiting for you when you get home.

Can't wait for your fabulous book. I know it will be one of my favorites.

That is a wonderful photo of you! I haven't seen you in sooooo long.

I'm working on new stuff too!

Sparkly Wishes!

Juliet

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I've missed you, Heather! Travel is inspirational but sometimes tiring too, I hope you are well rested.