August 2, 2011

Inspired by: Tiger Lilies

My upcoming book is all about inspiration from nature and one of my missions in life is to help inspire those on their creative journey. So from now until the book release I am hosting a weekly challenge.

This week's inspiration is one of my favorite flowers - Tiger Lilies! This week your design can be inspired by the photograph, lilies, orange flowers, etc. Just as long as it relates to the theme of Tiger Lilies it will qualify for the challenge.

Details:

You have one week to complete a piece of jewelry inspired by the weekly theme. We are going to move from Tuesday to Tuesday from now on - my Monday's are a little too crazy right now!
The entries have to be created this week - you can finish something you've already started, but the purpose of the challenge is to inspire you to make something new related to the challenge!

Anything goes, it can include Humblebeads or not, art beads or whatever you have in your stash. It's up to you and however the inspiration strikes you for that week.

To enter add your photo to the Inspired By Nature Jewelry Challenge Flickr group. On Tuesday I will draw one random winner from the week's entries and feature them here on my blog. (Monday night is the deadline for entries.)

Here are some inspiration ideas to get your gears churning!


My design featuring my Tiger Lily Bead.



The prize:
One lucky winner will get one of my vintage illustration pendants with a lily design!!! 
(Yes, the are finally coming to my Etsy shop this week.)

Pre-order the book here.

Have fun with this week's challenge - I can't wait to see what you make. 

And yes, the Big Huge Giveaway winner will be announced soon.

5 comments:

lynsey said...

Totally gorgeous. I adore Lilies but i have to say the Tiger Lily is probably my favorite as it appeals to my love of colour. The copper looks amazing with it, got my creative juices flowing.

Unknown said...

WOW I just finished a piece with turquoise and orange but thinking about something else now. Maybe I will have something for you!

TesoriTrovati said...

Dang. I totally missed finishing up my Bee creation. I will still do it though. Was just making Tiger Lily charms last night! Can I do a double duty with ABS? Enjoy the day, friend. Stay cool!
Erin

SummersStudio said...

Oh, how I love tiger lilies and the colours in your inspiration pieces.

Cory said...

One of my favorite flowers...love that you picked it for this inspiring challenge.