January 8, 2014

Two New Projects

Here in Michigan the first color you see in the spring is yellow.  Long before the green takes over the world, it's the yellow flowers that start blooming in the chilly days of March and April that let us know nature is ready to come back to life. That's what I wanted to capture in this jewelry design, just the hint of spring at the end of winter. 

I created two new free projects using some of my new folk inspired beads. You can find the instructions to print out or view online for the bracelet here and the earrings here.

My inspiration for this series of beads was this sweet embroidered textile that I ran across on Pinterest. I have a fun board of Folk Art textiles that have captured my imagination this winter. I need the color!

4 comments:

Patti said...

Color... yes! Very pretty...you captured your inspiration perfectly.
Looking forward to spring! Keep warm!!

TesoriTrovati said...

You are going to make me love yellow! Enjoy the day. Erin

sandi m said...

Heather, You are amazing. I'm always blown away by how you can recreate anything in clay. Your carvings are all so beautiful and the colors just perfect. Loving the new spring pieces. Nice eye candy after looking at +24" of snow these past couple of weeks! Spring can't get here fast enough....
sandi

Ann Schroeder said...

I love your new folk inspired beads. They are beautiful.