July 26, 2011

Inspired by: Bees

(Photo credit: adapted from Joel Olives' photo via Flickr's Creative Commons.)


My upcoming book is all about inspiration from nature and one of my missions in life is to help inspire those on their creative journey. So from now until the book release I am hosting a weekly challenge.

This week's inspiration is the humble little bee! This week your design can be inspired by the photograph, bees in general, beehives, honeycombs or honey colors.  Just as long as it relates to the theme of bees it will qualify for the challenge.
Details:
You have one week to complete a piece of jewelry inspired by the weekly theme. I know, I missed Monday - don't ask - so you have one less day to be fab, you can whip up something amazing in 6 days, I know you can!!! 

The entries have to be created this week - you can finish something you've already started, but the purpose of the challenge is to inspire you to make something new related to the challenge!


Anything goes, it can include Humblebeads or not, art beads or whatever you have in your stash. It's up to you and however the inspiration strikes you for that week.

To enter add your photo to the Inspired By Nature Jewelry Challenge Flickr group. On Monday I will draw one random winner from the week's entries and feature them here on my blog. (Sunday night is the deadline for entries.)

Here are some inspiration ideas to get your gears churning!

Necklace by Lorelei Eurto

Pendant from Kylie Parry


Pre-order the book here.

In case you were wondering, the weekly challenges are inspired by the themes in the book - the woodlands, garden and sea. Can you believe this is the 5th week already and we've moved from the woodlands into the garden.  I'm going to give you the weekly themes for the remaining 7 weeks. I thought that would help you plan out your creations with a little advanced notice.

Week 6: Tigerlilies

Week 7: Dragonflies

Week 8: Zen garden

Week 9: Urchins

Week 10: Waves

Week 11: Starfish

Week 12: Driftwood


If you'd like to shop for something Humblebead-ish for an upcoming theme, I'm offering free shipping on orders from my Etsy Shop for the rest of the week.  Use discount code: Inspired.

7 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Woot! I have a fondness for bees! I am going to work on something this week. I promise! (Although I finally entered something a tad late. Did you see? I will admit that I started that one with the trees and then it migrated to the forest floor. Tee hee! Actually I did have a forest floor but I saved it for a hopeful publication...if you are sweet to me I might share it with you!). And thanks for the heads up on the rest. I think that will help!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Those bee charms and pendants are darling!!!

lynsey said...

Wonderful, i just happen to have some bee charms, and an idea to boot, can i complete it in 6 days i wonder, well there is only one to find out ha ha xx

Aquariart said...

I stopped to make a comment and now I can't remember what I was going to say because I have scrolled down far enough to see that I won last week's challenge- OH GOODIE and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
These challenges are really helping me be productive and much more careful with my time.

BooBeads said...

I might get to do this one! I've had some bee themed items in my stash I've been dying to use! What better time!

Anonymous said...

and? and? and? did I miss something? Who was the winner yesterday?

Ilse said...

I love the idea of this challenge. Great to see what everyone can make in just a week!

Is there a new photo for this week? I'm in a hurry hihihih :)