July 18, 2011

Inspired by: Forest Floor

(Photo credit: adapted from Code Poet via Flickr's Creative Commons.)

My upcoming book is all about inspiration from nature and one of my missions in life is to help inspire those on their creative journey. So from now until the book release I am hosting a weekly challenge.

This week's inspiration is the Forest Floor! It can be anything woodland related, from mushrooms, ferns and acorns to creatures you'd find in forest like squirrels, foxes, hedgehogs, etc.- you can run with the inspiration photo and or go with a more loose interpretation. As long as it relates to the theme of the Forest Floor it will qualify for the challenge.

The prize this week - one of my Fern Pendants!

You have one week to complete a piece of jewelry inspired by the weekly theme. The entries have to be created this week - you can finish something you've already had started, but the purpose of the challenge is to inspire you to make something new related to the challenge!

Anything goes, it can include Humblebeads or not, art beads or whatever you have in your stash. It's up to you and however the inspiration strikes you for that week. To enter add your photo to the Inspired By Nature Jewelry Challenge Flickr group. Every Monday I will draw one random winner from the week's entries and feature them here on my blog. (Sunday night is the deadline for entries.)

Here are some inspiration ideas to get your gears churning!
 
My Woodland Charm bracelet

What's Hiding in the Forest necklace from Hint

Hedgie Earrings from Lorelei Eurto

Pre-order a signed copy of the book here.

6 comments:

My Life Under the Bus said...

Oh Squee!!! I've been dying to do something with mushrooms!

Kate said...

Love the Forest Floor pic. Gorgeous! I missed out this week with a crazy work schedule but hope to get back to it this week. Congrats, Kathy!

Aquariart said...

I am loving all the inspirational themes. Very fun and your pictures are inspiring- that is one psychedelic mushroom!

DASI GLAM said...

Love the What's Hiding in the Forest necklace.

Unknown said...

What a brilliant picture! I would love to make that in Lampwork! I will have to try! Nice challenge Heather!

KristiBowmanDesign said...

I love the picture too, but I'm going for wildlife, how about snakes!! http://dreamsomedesigns.blogspot.com/2011/07/forest-floor-challenge.html