July 4, 2011

Inspired by: Feather Challenge

(Photo credit: adapted from Socialspice.de via the Flickr Creative Commons)

My upcoming book is all about inspiration from nature and one of my missions in life is to help inspire those on their creative journey. So from now until the book release I am hosting a weekly challenge.

This week's inspiration is feathers!  It can be anything feather or bird related - you can run with the inspiration photo and or go with a more loose interpretation.  As long as it relates to the theme of feathers or birds it will qualify for the challenge.

The prize this week - one of my Bird Nest Pendants.  The design was taken directly from my sketchbook and each one is hand painted to mimic a watercolor painting.

You have one week to complete a piece of jewelry inspired by the weekly theme. Anything goes, it can include Humblebeads or not, art beads or whatever you have in your stash. It's up to you and however the inspiration strikes you for that week. To enter add your photo to the Inspired By Nature Jewelry Challenge Flickr group. Every Monday I will draw one random winner from the week's entries and feature them here on my blog. (Sunday night is the deadline for entries.)

Pre-order here.

2 comments:

somethingunique said...

Hi Heather, what could be more inspiring than nature, and it just so happens that i have just purchased a package of feathers so i am off to create!
take care and enjoy your holiday Monday ttfn Lana :)

baymoondesign said...

Cool theme! This will give me the push to use these cute little birds that I have on my jewelry table.