July 11, 2011

Inspired by: Trees

My upcoming book is all about inspiration from nature and one of my missions in life is to help inspire those on their creative journey. So from now until the book release I am hosting a weekly challenge.


This week's inspiration are trees! It can be anything tree related - you can run with the inspiration photo and or go with a more loose interpretation. As long as it relates to the theme of trees or leaves it will qualify for the challenge.

The prize this week - one of my Branch Lentil beads in copper and I'll throw in a few matching disk beads.
You have one week to complete a piece of jewelry inspired by the weekly theme.  The entries have to be created this week - you can finish something you've already had started, but the purpose of the challenge is to inspire you to make something new related to the challenge!

Anything goes, it can include Humblebeads or not, art beads or whatever you have in your stash. It's up to you and however the inspiration strikes you for that week. To enter add your photo to the Inspired By Nature Jewelry Challenge Flickr group. Every Monday I will draw one random winner from the week's entries and feature them here on my blog. (Sunday night is the deadline for entries.)

Here are a few designs to get your creative gears turning. 
Midnight Tree necklace from Jess Italia Lincoln

Birch Trees and Falling Leaves necklace that I created.

Sure Sign of Spring necklace from Erin Prais-Hintz.

Pre-order here.

5 comments:

KristiBowmanDesign said...

Oh no, somehow I thought I had more time for the Feather challenge. I made some Copper pieces and picked the beads out but didn't get it put together. Oh well, I'll have a beautiful pair of earrings. This challenge looks wonderful too, thinking thinking.....

Anonymous said...

Oh I love trees!!! When we were looking for a house I told my husband, absolutely NO new neighborhoods. I wanted an old neighborhood with big trees!! The sitting in the shade of a big tree on a blanket in the summer, it doesn't get any better that that! I love this challenge, hope I can pull something together in a week! Congratulations on the new book!

TesoriTrovati said...

So fun! I will see if I can get the Muse to get off her duff this week. Enjoy the day!
Erin

JeannieK said...

I hand painted some paper to make it look like birch bark and made paper beads with it. They would be perfect for this challenge.

Unknown said...

Ive always loved the middle necklace that you make. Truly beautiful Heather!