May 19, 2012

Bead End Cap Blog Hop

Remember when I said I was sad that I had missed so many great blog hops lately, well I took care of that and this is blog hop #3 that I've had the pleasure of joining.  Kristi Bowman offered her bead end caps and blog hop space to the first 10 people that purchased them.  Me and my little Paypal account immediately went for a stroll in her lovely Etsy shop.

Each of us had a set of copper bead end caps to play with and that was the only requirement.  I can't wait to see what everyone creates.

When the bead caps arrived the first thought I had was sea shells.  So when it was time to sit down and create something with them I pulled out a few sea-inspired creations.  
 
 Here is a close up of the bead cap - I love the color, the patina is so beautiful. 

I paired the bead caps with Elaine Ray ceramic beads, a disk bead and urchin from my shop, and a lampwork work bead from Kerry Bogert that I picked up on the Bead Cruise.

As I was rummaging through my clasp stash (which is getting a little woeful - mental note for Bead & Bead) I ran across this enamel toggle that I made last fall.  Perfect!

To round out the necklace I picked some copper beads that echoed that pattern of the bead caps and I had a wonderful strand of large copper pearls that were almost the same color of the bead caps.  Serendipity! 


Visit Kristi's blog to see the rest of the participants in the blog hop and to find out about a sweet sale she is having this weekend.  And speaking of sweet sales, you can save 25% off orders from my website - today is the last day! Use discount code BIGDEAL when you check out. 

Be sure to click the link to Kristi's blog and discover 10 inspiring ways to use end caps today!

16 comments:

KristiBowmanDesign said...

So cool Heather, it always amazes me how each design is so creative. It shouldn't amaze me at all, you all are amazing. Thank you for participating in my little Hop!

Alice said...

I just love Kristi's beautiful components. Your nacklace is gorgeous with the warm tones with the cool blues. It really reminds me of our trip to Puerto Rico. What a fun idea for a blog hop!

SueBeads said...

Gorgeous Heather! Totally different than what everyone else made - love your use of the end caps!

TesoriTrovati said...

That is just awesome! I love the color profile here. It is a like a spicy beach theme. Muy caliente! Enjoy the day. Erin

Jean A. Wells said...

Beautiful necklace. It never ceases to amaze me how copper looks great with everything. Love it with the blue. Great job!

My Life Under the Bus said...

Looks like a collection for a mermaid!

pam ferrari said...

Gorgeous Necklace! You thought out side of the norm with the end caps, and that makes for a great designer.

Karyn B said...

It has such nice balance, and feels elegant, but beachy at the same time. Fantastic!

lynsey said...

Fabulous Heather, Love it!

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Heather,
I love your necklace it is gorgeous! I can picture this necklace being worn with a light colored loose fitting type of summer dress on a cruise to a tropical local.
Therese

Metal Me This said...

Love what you did...simple, but elegant at the same time.

Bits of Learning said...

WoW! Heather, the necklace is lovely! Beautifully balanced and I love the elegant beachy feel!! As always your work is wonderful!

Jenny said...

Hi Heather! THe copper pearls are delicious. I love the way you used the end caps as the transition in scale and space - from focals/focal area to the necklace itself. Looks lovely!

Karen Totten said...

Stunning! Wonderful job!

Regina said...

Love how you used the end caps not to end. Beautiful!

Silver Parrot said...

I love the use of the caps as beads themselves rather than as traditional bead or end caps. Picking up the spiral design as a "seashell" and adding other sea-themed elements was an inspired touch as well!