May 31, 2012

Bead & Button Prep

There is a feverish countdown here in the Humblebeads Studio as we prep for Bead & Button.  I'm trying so hard to get everything ready before Monday.  I may be in denial.  We have trays and trays of beads that look like this, waiting to be painted.  I have two helpers, my mom and aunt Rosanne coming over for a bead painting slumber party.  I better stock up on some chocolate! 

Besides all this painting I am still making disk beads.  They are always a favorite and ones that I have to do most of the work myself.  So that's what I'm doing for the next three days. 

My brother is a steel fabricator and he is making me a few custom designed displays for my booth.  He is bringing them on Saturday.  I'm working on a super sweet background with some of my sketches and beads fitting in with the theme of my book.  Can't wait to show you!

This is my checklist for next week and why I want to be done with making beads already!

1. Booth backdrop
2. Paint all displays white
3. Find banners
4. Put new silk fabric on old jewelry displays
5. Gather my demo materials for Saturday (Book signing and demo at the Kalmbach booth at 3pm on Saturday)
6. Gather Bead Cruise samples and cards
7. Tie up disk beads & headpins
8. Finish toggle bars for clasps
9. Gather biz and packaging stuff for booth
10. Stamp cards and wrap silk ribbons

 

I'll feel better on Sunday, when I have my disks done!  Of course, there are still orders going on during this busy time.  Not everyone is going to Bead & Button so we are taking care of you guys and keeping you inspired and stocked with beads arriving in your mailbox.

I thought you'd enjoy seeing one of these house beads in action.  This is an awesome bracelet from Lorelei Eurto, that girl is way too talented!  I will have a project out this summer in a magazine with the little nest house.  I will share more when the time comes. 

So that is the news around these parts.  Are you heading to Bead & Button next week?  I can't wait to sit and chat with beady folks and see everything at the show!

8 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

Everything looks wonderful! I hope you share lots and lots of pics with those of us that can't make it to the show. Good luck getting it all done! Wish I was there helping!!

Angi in hana said...

thanks for taking time to write a note to us, i know how crazy it is right before a show! your beads are gorgeous and you are so thoughtful, i know you will have a great time, (i am so jealous!) aloha, angi in hana

Courtney Breul said...

Love those house beads!

June said...

The show is going to be fantastic, and you're going to truly shine and have a great time there. I also know how hectic/crazy/frantic it can become getting all those last-minute things ready for a crafts fair, but it's a happy kind of crazy chaotic, LOL. It's going to be brilliant! Have a great weekend, and thanks for sharing - everything looks amazing! - June in Ireland

Rebecca said...

Love, love LOVE your house beads! Can't wait for mine to arrive :-) Hope you're getting there with your to-do list. The linen effect on the picture of the houses is gorgeous!

Right Turn ArtWerks said...

It was nice to meet you at Lori's party and so generous of you to come up and introduce yourself. It's always wonderful to meet a fellow Michigander too!

The Blooming Hare said...

How beautiful! I love the colors and the bird nests! All of those little white beads are tiny canvases waiting for your touch to come to life! Thank you for sharing the process!

Kumi Fisher said...

It was so great to meet you in person at Bead & Button Show Heather! Can't wait to make lots of beautiful jewelry with your gorgeous beads!