May 23, 2012
Etsy Success - 4000 Sales!
So how does one get 4000 sales on Etsy?
1. Create a unique product. Not easy, I know - but trust your gut, do some research and find what makes your muse sing and dance. That is where your success lies.
2. Create new products often, expanding your line. I try to offer new beads every month.
3. Offer a variety of price points.
4. Advertise outside of Etsy. For me that includes blogging, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, getting published in magazines and keeping up with an email mailing list/newsletter.
5. Connect with people on Etsy - friends, teams and circles are good.
6. Take the very best photos you can. (This is actually the best selling tip and should be the second thing you do, first thing is #1.)
7. It's easier to sell the same thing over and over - production can be your friend if you can handle the mundane task of making the same thing 200 times. Of course, it beats the mundane task of asking "Do you want fries with that?" "Paper or plastic" or "Do I email the report or fax it to you?"
8. Create a series and up sell. I create beads that go together: accents with focals, earring beads that go with pendants, etc. I arrange my shop to inspire shopping for more than one item.
9. Get help. I have a full time helper, my husband. I couldn't handle my Etsy shop by myself. Teenagers, collage kids, a lonely neighbor can all make great part-time help. Think through your process, what parts can someone else do that would free up your time? My husband drills beads, paints, sands, prints things out and packages orders.
10. School yourself - Etsy actually gives you all the tools and tips you need to succeed. So spend some time each week learning the ins and outs of making your shop the best it can be. Check out the Etsy Seller Handbook.
Thank you to everyone who supports me. I couldn't do this without you!
Along with Etsy, I have my own website and suggest the same for anyone serious about their business. Etsy is a tool, a platform and one egg in a large basket.