September 16, 2012

Chicory

Chicory is a wildflowers that is probably one of the most common weeds along the roads and wooded areas here in Michigan.  I love seeing a little field of these tiny blue flowers. I made these pendants for last month's Bead of the Month club as my farewell to summer.  Although their abstract design and earthy hues will look great for fall too.  Below you can see how I would mix it up with bold graphic prints and designs - it's a nice juxtaposition for the delicate petals.

“For myself I hold no preferences among flowers, so long as they are wild, free, spontaneous." -Edward Abbey
Autumn Abstract





3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh, how I miss Bead of the Month! I wish I had had the cash to sign up again this year. Maybe if you do it again next year, I will manage to get organised! What a beautiful bead, I'm off to google the flower itself.

swopemelmel said...

I love these Heather. We always called them Raggedy Robins. We knew what they were really called but everyone called them that. So sweet. Mel

Anonymous said...

Love seeing what you're creating, not only with your nature inspired beads, but with the gold plated chain. Haven't used this yet, but I'm getting the itch seeing how great it looks with these colors.