April 4, 2013

Garden Party Polymer Clay Bead Workshop

Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you, yes I am teaching a polymer clay beadmaking class next month!  This is a very rare chance to learn my favorite techniques and tricks during a one day workshop in my charming 1910 farm house in South Haven, MI.

In the workshop you'll discover my tips for mixing a successful color palette as we dive into the class and learn about color theory. We'll make three flower canes and an easy leaf design. The afternoon will be spent learning how to form bead shapes, apply canes and finish your beads like a pro.

The beads shown above and below are the techniques and shapes that will be covered during the workshop.

 
May 18th from 10am - 4pm.  Cost is $125 and includes all materials, tools and lunch.  Just show up ready to have the time of your life - because me and clay - we are quite the party!

Only 10 spots are available and they are filling already.  Don't delay!
For complete details and to register, click here.


Travel isn't the easiest to my little beach town, so this workshop is best for those who are in driving distance from South Haven, that's two hours from Chicago, three from Detroit.  But for those who are up for the adventure, the closest airport is Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo.  I fly out of Midway in Chicago, they offer the best deals on Southwest and it's a quick 2 hour drive to South Haven.  There are hotels just down the road and a retreat center that will offer a great deal if 4 or more would like to stay for the weekend.   South Haven is a sweet little tourist town on the shores of Lake Michigan, it's a great place for a girls weekend out!

Feel free to email me if you have questions about travel or the retreat. 

P.S. Yes, I am still planning a  fall retreat for a weekend in October.

6 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

OOOOOOOHHHHH! I SO want to do this! I don't know that I can take the time in May. But you know I won't miss the fall retreat! I hope that this goes so well for you that you will be teaching at Bead & Button in no time! Enjoy the day. Erin xo

Marie Cramp said...

I really want to do it too, but I don't think I will be able to unless I make a killing this weekend at my show! Fingers crossed. Still need to save up for my 10th Anniversary trip too ;) lol

Marie Cramp said...

I can't believe I get to go!!! Yay!! I have the best hubby in the world!!

Gaea said...

California has lovely beaches. Year round. And lovely students... Just saying.

: )

Bonnie said...

I sure wish that I lived close enough to attend. Will you ever do an online class?

Nicola said...

Oh my goodness, I would love to do the workshop with you. I just wish I didn't live in Australia right now!!!