May 11, 2015

Sea Inspired Beads

Home...my home is Lake Michigan. As one of the Great Lakes it really does seem more like the sea. Minus the salt water. The beaches are not crystal clear but rather stormy shades of dark blue and foamy greens. 

This is my happy place, where my soul calls home. Life has had some challenges lately and some heartbreak, so it's no wonder my muse has wandered back to a source of comfort. 

Here are my latest creations:






You can read more about the inspirations behind these pieces on the Art Bead Scene.

My new pendants can be found on my website at Humblebeads.com.

The etched farfalles glass beads are from Stinky Dog Beads. You'll want tons of these!

The lampwork beads are from Sea of Glass at www.mjrbeads.com

3 comments:

baymoondesign said...

Wonderful creations!

Renee M said...

Beautiful creations! I got to visit Michigan & the Great Lakes one summer w/ hubby & our 2 boys. I'll be honest that I wasn't expecting much--we went to visit relatives. We actually wound up driving pretty much around the whole "mitten" and visiting several places along the way. It was one of the best vacations we have ever had & we were so surprised at how beautiful Michigan and the lakes are. I sure hope things are looking up for you soon with your challenges!

Unknown said...

Absolutely outstanding, each one looks as though it's from another era! I feel that I could sit on a bench and look at that view!

I can imagine how you were inspired to create the sea side themes. They have a nostalgic whimsical aura about them which is so original and nice to see! Other should that last word be spelled sea?