April 7, 2008

Comfort Zones

Boy, what a scary place to move outside of your comfort zone! I have had it in my mind to create some bright cheery designs based on textiles that caught me eye. Of course, if you know me, bright cheery colors and I are a little shy around each other. So last night I threw all caution to the wind, whipped up the brightest, most delicious batch of colors I could muster up and created this series of beads. I'm calling them Swiss Tropical. They are somewhere between the textiles I was dreaming about and the tropical island culture that I just returned from a few months ago while on the Bead Cruise.

Either way, I like them for their sassy little beady selves. Not my usual fare, but different can be good!

So maybe your teetering around your comfort zone, wanting to push ahead. Maybe it's submitting to a magazine for the first time, opening an etsy shop or applying for a big arts fair. Hey, go for it. You just never know what might happen!

Etsy Texas Crafters 1st Monday sale is going on today. Free shipping with orders from my etsy shop. Go take a peak. A few new beads, pearls and some of my favorites are all just waiting to sneak into your studio and inspire your next creation!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funnily, last week I had the same thing happen. In my case, some very bright scrap made a pretty neat MG and some cute little beads. I am hoping for a cheery bracelet out of it.

They may be out of your comfort zone but they're still luscious!

Beverly Herman said...

I love these new colors. They do remind me of the bead cruise!! You used my favorite word to describe them "Sassy"

Anonymous said...

Those are lovely. Di, UK

Unknown said...

Heather, I love these new spring colors!! Now I may have to place another order! Beautiful!!

Bead-Mused said...

Heather, I love the bright colors! Now I have to go make some money so they can come live with me!
Theresa

ShinyAdornments said...

Hey, bright is good. We like bright!

Vintage Blue Studio said...

I hope you make more of these! I think the colors look wonderful!

Stampin' Meg said...

Wow -these are gorgeous- I have never seen beads like these before!yum yum YUM!