April 13, 2008

Creativity Parking Lot


I was listening to one of the Craftcast interviews and they were talking about writing down the projects that you want to work on but can't get to at that exact moment, to park them until you can devote the time they need. Well lucky you, my blog today is going to be my "parking lot" where I dump all the projects I will be working on soon, but have to wait until I get a big deadline out of the way.

So in no particular order:

Needle felted project for Ornament Thursday

Entries for Bead Star Competition (I have 2 in mind)

Carve gingko and other flower stamps

Collaboration Exploration projects

Quilt for my bed and a few decorative pillows

Thanks to Lisa, now I want to make skirts for my girls

New beads (expanding my humblebeads line for the summer)

Etched metal pendants inspired by Semiprecious Salvage.

Grow flowers from seeds for my lackluster yard

2 new classes/samples for the Bead Cruise

Okay, I feel much better writing those down. Now I don't have the cloud of unfilled projects looming over my head.



It's going to be a busy week. I have new beads, a sale for those who subscribe to my mailing list and a new free project. Stop back later this week for a visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I have some stuff on a white board but I think I need more than one parking lot these days.

I was just thinking about lists today and how I don't follow them but do things and then go see what I can mark off. I think I need to do it the other way around to be more productive!

Lori

Lisa Clarke said...

Ooh, I find skirt-making so addicting. Especially when it's as easy (and cheap!) as cutting up an old sheet or pillowcase! Be careful what you start :-)