October 22, 2010

Hope

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all...

-Emily Dickinson

Things I'm hoping for:

Balance
Peace
Understanding
Creativity
Playfulness
Rest
Knowledge
Grace
Joy

Humblebead Disk, Earthenwood Studio bead, Kelley's Bead Studio Egg.  I wish I had snatched up a million of Kelley's eggs when I had a chance.  I suppose I will make a few of these pendants with my egg beads, although I love the mix of textures with the glass, porcelain and polymer.  I'll just need to find some glass disks with the matte raku colors since glass eggs are rare finds.

3 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

im pretty sure she'd make more eggs for you if you asked her. she said she was thinking of making some again.

mairedodd said...

i wish these things for you as well... the necklace is beautiful as is the poem (one of my favorites)... mika at pinocean is doing some beautiful things with the raku frit - have a look at her flickr or etsy shops!

Unknown said...

Ooooh, I like the company my egg is keeping! I emailed you back that I would be happy to make more for you, just let me know what colors :)