August 15, 2007

Happy Campers

For my birthday I asked for one thing, a weekend of camping in the Texas Hill Country. We stayed at Garner State Park, next to the Frio River. This was our first time camping and we enjoyed it so much we are now planning our next trip.

I enjoyed my week away from the computer, although I didn't stay off like I thought I would. I'm an email addict, what I can say. I need help. : ) Nor did I get much done other than hanging out with my girls. With only 2 weeks left of summer vacation, I want to spend a little less time working and more time with them.

Overall my week away made me realize I need to get a life outside of work. I've come up with a schedule to help me organize my time a little better. It's not always easy being the boss and figuring out these things as I go along. I also need to go back to set hours instead of feeling like I should always be working on something. There are only 24 hours in day, I can't work all of them! Finding that balance between creating, working, family and time for myself is not as easy task, but a priority for me now.

This week I'm catching up on orders, getting a few new additions up on my website and I've been makin' wafers to share with you all tomorrow. I just love those wafer beads!

Extra brownie points will be awarded if anyone can recommended good campgrounds/parks in the Texas Hill Country area.

3 comments:

Beverly Herman said...

What a great picture of the family. Those girls are growing up so fast! The park looks peaceful and serene. I can't wait to see your new wafer beads.

Ali said...

Glad you're back, I've been missing your posts. Kudos to you for deciding to put some limits on what qualifies as "work" time. It can be tough, but oh-so worth it.

Heather Powers said...

the park and camping in general was very peaceful. I'm looking forward to our next trip.

thanks Ali, it's nice to know I was missed. It is hard to stop working, ecspecially when it's creating, which never feels like work. But people first, things second. That's my goal for my home life!