August 3, 2007

Time Out!

One of the draw backs of owning your own business is taking time off. When you are in charge of design, production, marketing and accounting it's hard to let yourself take a day off. I haven't had a day off since I came home from the Bead Cruise. Even while fighting a nasty infection a few weeks ago, I plugged along working 1/2 days.

With only a few weeks left of summer, I have decided to take a radical step and take a week off. I'm going to enjoy spending time with my girls, cleaning up and organizing the studio and exploring a few projects for myself that I keep putting aside. I need time to reflect and recharge.

I'm going to turn off this computer for the week. It may kill me, but I'm determined to take a much needed break.

It's also my birthday next week, so now is a good time to take a step back and decide where I want to go and how to best spend my time getting there.

Feeling burnt out too? Here are a few resources to help you get back on track.

*Declare an Artist Retreat Day at home.

*How to survive creative burnout.

*Download the artist's survival kit from Keri Smith.

*Inspire me Thrusday, for a quick creative kick in the pants.

1 comment:

Lisa Clarke said...

GOod for you! I'm doing the same thing next week, although I'm not turning off the computer - I don't think I could survive that, LOL! I just won't be looking at my business email - that alone will free up a lot of time and help me decompress. Enjoy your down time!